Wednesday 13 May 2015

MEMORY AND DEPERSONALIZATION - Why my memory is worse than before?

Who DPDRed person has not complained and thought: My memory is failing more than necessary?

Why is this happening?

Before being DPD we could remember easily everything and now we have many problems even to know where I left the car parked and where I left the house keys at home.
We SUFFER A GREAT INSECURITY.

A part of our consciousness, located in a part of the left brain (prefrontal cortex) seamless access to encyclopedic information, logical, rational type.

However now we can not easily access to the spatial-based, based  on personal examples and particular cases of our right side de the brain (strongly connected with our lymbic system, and therefore with our emotions and personality).

Those two memories usually works as a team in a normal person. Every "word" (allocated in left side) should evoke on us an image, an emotion, a past and personal experience with that word. Now we are lacking that connection and feeling weird.
 
EXAMPLE: What did you eat yesterday?


THE "LOGIC" ANSWER " from a DPDR person:
 
MENTAL PROCESS
Uffff. I don't remember. Does it matter? Why must I do that effort? Well, let's see...
Today ... What day is it? I will look at a calendar/watch/smartphone because I do not remember ... aha, it's Tuesday (It is the same for me. It means nothing)
So yesterday it had to be Monday (pure logic) What do I usually eat on Mondays ...? Vegetables (more logical again), but in fact I can not remember well, I CAN'T SEE IT FINE. 

ANSWER:
Yesterday I must have been taken vegetables, but I'm not sure . What does it matter what I ate yesterday ?, Who cares? 

WHAT A  NORMAL PERSON THINKS:
 
MENTAL PROCESS

Ok. I will remember it.
Today is Tuesday (usually already knows, does not have to look at it) and yesterday ... (he evokes the image from the dinner of yesterday seeing itself pricking the fork to eat ... "vegetables", and seeing what they ate and drank like a movie. He is able to rewind and fast forward what happened at dinner EFFORTLESS ...
 
ANSWER:
Yesterday I ate vegetables, 100 % SURE 

OTHER EXAMPLES DAILY "BAD" MEMORY:
  • Do you remember 100% if you've locked the car, or the front door of your house ?, Are you sure ?, Do you usually go to check if you have closed them?
  • When you go to a restaurant and choose the dishes you are eating. . Do you usually doubt what you have chosen ?, Do you find it difficult to remember it clearly?
  • In a meeting, do you usually feel uncomfortable because you have been just introduced by someone and have not been able to retain its name? Face/Feeling - Name association is not good.

EVERYTHING COMES FROM THE FACT THAT OUR MEMORY IS SOMEWAY SPLITTED IN TWO INDEPENDENT PIECES. WE CAN NOT ACCESS TO THE NECESSARY VISUAL AND EMOTIONAL SUPPORT INFORMATION TO LINK IT WITH THE LOGIC INFO.


GOOD NEWS! :
YOU WILL RECOVERY YOUR GOOD MEMORY WHEN YOU REMOVE THE BLOCK AND THE CONNECTION BE REESTABLISHED.

santos.barrioscanseco@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment