Friday 24 April 2015

EXERCISE nº20 - "What must I think about people when I am walking in the street?"

One of the symptoms of DPDR consists of looking invisible for the rest of the people.

When we are walking in the street we usually avoid to look at the rest of the people because WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO THINK ABOUT THEM, in fact, we are not sure about their existence. They mean nothing for us. Why this happens?

Since I don't know who I am and I am not able to remember clearly what have I done in my former life due to DPDR, it seems very difficult to guess in which way the rest will react when they see me. We lost our roots, our references, our own image. Our image depends on what the others think about us.

In order to remove that invisibility and recover our place again in the real world I should make this exercise:

EXERCISE 20 - "What must I think about people when walking in the street?"

Before facing the people in the street we should remember aspects that are unique to us
1st - How old am I?
2nd - What were my main achievements in life?
3rd - What were my most relevant hobbies/skills? I should overpass everybody in those skills and feel proud.
4rd - Pay attention to your physical aspect. Am I well dressed?, Do I look handsome today?
... etc
 
 
Any time you face people and don't know what to think about them, you should think:
  • Could it be dangerous crossing his/her way? Should I be frightened?
  • Is he/she physically neat, clean? or Should I feel disgusted?
  • Is he/she a normal person or is he/she facing any disability?
  • Is he/she going to ask me anything? Which could it be? Could I be robbed by him/her? could I be taken by surprise?
  • Is he/she older than me, the same age or on the contrary I am older than he/she?
  • If we are of the same age, Would I like to accept him/her in my own gang or group? I didn't like every classmate of my school. I had my reasons. Can I remember why?
  • If I am older, I should know more than him/her and be superior somehow. I could teech him/her things and be compassionate with him. If I don't pay attention I could hurt him/her.
  • If I am younger, that person probably knows more about life than me. I should show respect and learn from his/her.
  • His/her level of studies... Are lower or higher than my own level? Would he/she overpass ME?
    I was very good playing or practising my hobby. Could he/she be better than me? Could he/she even know how to do it? Probably not If my skill is high.
  • Am I stronger than that person?, Taller?, more corpulent? If we had to fight... could I win?; If I hit him/her, what would happen? (Considering physical contact helps a lot to overcome DP)I
  • Is he/she more beautiful or attractive than me? Do I like him/her?....
  • ...
     

Previosuly, when you were alright, you wondered those questions automatically, just within seconds. Now you cannot consider that info about people easily.


SO, YOU SHOULD BE MORE TRIVIAL AND CARE ABOUT APPEARANCES!
 
WITHOUT BEING SURE!
WITH NO LOGIC AT ALL!

ALL HEALTHY PERSON TAKE ALWAYS INTO ACCOUNT HIS/HER IMAGE AND COMPARES CONTINUOUSLY WITH OTHERS
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment