Friday 2 January 2015

EXERCISE No 14 - "THE HOUSE OF MY CHILDHOOD" - My known paths

One of the reasons to feel confused and disoriented when we go down the street with DP / DR is that we are not ​​comparing the path we are following NOW with the well known paths we followed when we were kids and we were living in our parents.
 
THOSE DAYS WE WERE OK!
GO BACK IN TIME TO FEEL HOW WAS LEAVING HOME!
 
All gradually learned to go to unknown sites. There was a first time we were allowed to throw the trash in the container , one time in which we were allowed to go to buy bread at a nearby store. Again we started going to school for a slightly longer route, we learned to go through many roads, streets, each one with its attractions and feelings.
We learned the time it took us to get to school and not being late. That distance and that time is one of our basic references, even NOW, no matter the years have passed.

Some days, our parents, grandparents, uncle, aunt,... took us by subway or bus to some unknown and further place. What a thrill ! We were providing all our attention! Do you remember?
Especially, the first time.
There was always a first time for everything!
In addition we were storing a time history of these possible routes to get to places. As well as potential hazards or good things from each of them. Right now, we don't have a good access to that memory. We must practice actively the access to it ...

EXERCISE No. 14: "THE HOUSE OF MY CHILDHOOD - My known paths"

Close your eyes for a moment while sitting on a sofa and imagine you are in the past, at your parents, eg 15 years old, more or less . Ask yourself these questions:

IT IS HARD, I KNOW, BUT YOU SHOULD!
  • What time is it now ?, What day is it ?, Week end or School day? ?, knowing that I am with my parents at home ... What could be doing right now ?, Should I be playing ?, Having a walk?, at school? ...
  • How long would I have to wait to get out for a walk? Did I need permission from my parents?
  • Down, where did I usually go?, What were my favorite ways?, What were my choices?, Going to see my friend who lived two blocks away?, Did we stay at some particular spot, maybe a mall? ...
  • Imagine it's time to go to school ... you went out, and where were you going? What direction did you usually take?

2 comments: