Monday 22 December 2014

EXERCISE NO. 10 - "Take your parents, brothers and sisters into account"

Did you know that one of the keys to get over our DP / DR is consider what others, especially close relatives, think of us ?
Everything we are, our personality, has been forged slowly through relationships with others , especially those most influential been able to provide: father, mother and brothers (I mean those who have educated us and the rest of the people have lived with us during our childhood and youth)



Our habits at home, the time when you eat, when they went to bed, which is done at home on Sundays, etc ... everything is governed by our relationship with them. In a house it is known naturally what is normal and what is not, what is right and what is wrong . There is a vital history and shared values ​​. Like it or not, they ARE OUR REFERENCE BASE.

Take them into account IS IMPORTANT!
 
 
EXERCISE #10: "Take people, specially your parents, brothers and sisters into account"

(This exercise can be done even if you are not in touch with your family. Just go back in time, rememberm and imagine you're still living there, at your parents')
Ask specific questions about the members of your family you grew up:
  • Would you like the work that I have or what I am studying?
  • Where is my brother now ?, When was the last time I saw him ?, And the last time I called him on the phone?
  • If my mother were here in my room or in my current house ... What would be her opinion about what she could see ?, And my father and my brothers?
  • What games did we play together?
  • Where were going at holidays ?, What did we do?, Where were we going ?, What was my favorite game at that time ?, What about them?
  • What music did you like?
  • What was the hobby of each  member of my family?, What  did they like?
  • How much money did they give you for spend a week ?, what did you spend for'... etc ...
This exercise primarily fights against depersonalization . If you notice something in your mind shudders when realizing these questions ... OK. EVERYTHING IS FINE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment